Embrace queen-bee status once you arrive to the party with our recipe for lazy turtle tart. You’ll watch everyone hover around the buffet table like a pack of hungry wolves until every last crumb is devoured.
You only need three ingredients: pretzels, chocolate-covered caramel candies and pecans. And for goodness’ sake, the most difficult part of making this recipe is unwrapping all the candies. We could barely control ourselves during the taste-test process. The staff just lingered around the pan negotiating (okay, arguing) over who deserved the last piece.
For superb results when making our lazy turtle tart, make sure to break the pretzels into small pieces, but not so small that they’re crumb-like. You’ll want them small enough to cover the bottom of the tart pan, but not so small they won’t adhere to the melted candies.
Lazy Turtle Tart Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 cup pretzel pieces broken
- 19.75 oz bag chocolate-covered caramel candies unwrapped
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then coat a 10" round tart pan with non-stick spray. Arrange broken pretzel pieces to cover the bottom of tart pan completely.
- Scatter candies evenly over pretzels then place tart pan in oven for 3 minutes. Remove from oven then cover entire surface of melted candies with chopped pecans. Press pecans into melted candies to create an even layer and adhere the candies to the pretzels and pecans.
- Cover and chill until set. Return tart to room temperature before cutting into pieces and serving.