Prepare an easy dinner that’s packed with veggies, protein and starch with our one pot beef vegetable skillet recipe. This dish is so simple, you don’t even have to chop the meat. Most supermarkets sell top sirloin already cut and labeled ‘stir fry.’
One pan is all you need for this recipe, so there’s no messy cleanup after dinner—and our philosophy is: if it tastes good and there are not too many dirty dishes, we’re in! Plus, we love the juicy green beans, flavorful potatoes and succulent steak.
At first, we attempted to make this dish with just the veggies and steak, but discovered it was a complete (and delicious) meal once we folded in the red potatoes. Nothing but full tummies and smiles were left over. If you do happen to have leftovers, however, this dish will probably taste even better on day two!
One Pan Beef Vegetable Skillet Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb beef top sirloin cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb small red potatoes quartered
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh green beans cut in half
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
let's do it
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and allow it to become hot. Add sirloin pieces, salt and pepper and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until mostly browned.
- Add onions and garlic then cook an additional 3–4 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Add red wine then cook until liquid has reduced by half then add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, red potatoes, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15–18 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and butter until it forms a smooth paste. Whisk or rapidly stir butter/flour mixture into the contents of the skillet until completely dissolved.
- Add green beans and mushrooms then stir to combine. Cook uncovered for 8–10 minutes, stirring often, until mushrooms are cooked and beans are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat then allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.