Often referred to as Mexican wedding cakes or Russian tea biscuits, these cookies have had a universal appeal throughout history.
They actually originated in Asia, where spices rich in flavor eventually made their way to Europe via traders. Only the best ingredients were used to create these delicate treats, which were served on very special occasions. They became so popular that each region claimed it for its own!
Today, we don’t need a special occasion to share our sugar dusted pecan snowball cookies.
No matter where they originated from, we can still experience the same rich, delectable taste. Basic ingredients such as butter, sugar, flour and real vanilla are creamed together with chopped pecans to make dough, which the kids will love to roll into balls.
The wonderful aroma of homemade cookies baking in the oven will keep them in the kitchen. They’ll want to stay and dip them in powdered sugar to show off their “snowballs.”
Let’s just hope there won’t be any snowball fights!
Pecan Snowball Cookies Recipe
what you'll need
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- powdered sugar
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream granulated sugar and butter together in mixing bowl until light and fluffy then blend in vanilla, flour and pecans.
- Roll into 1" balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
- Put powdered sugar in bowl or on deep plate and roll cookies in powdered sugar while still warm.