This simple yet scrumptious recipe for glazed sugar cookies is a real crowd pleaser.
Glazed Sugar Cookies Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- edible glitter
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp powdered sugar sifted
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp 2% milk or whole, plus additional for thinning if necessary
let's do it
- Cream sugar, butter, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients until dough forms.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to ¼" thickness; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned and let cool.
- To make the icing, combine sifted powdered sugar, corn syrup and milk with whisk until smooth (consistency should be smooth and easy to use but not runny). Apply to cookie with flat knife or offset spatula; if too thick, add milk in ½ tsp increments. Sprinkle with edible glitter.
One Last Thing
Sugar cookie cut-outs are a great activity to do with the kids!
Calories: 152kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 81mgPotassium: 29mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 14g