Glazed Sugar Cookies
This simple yet scrumptious recipe for glazed sugar cookies is a real crowd pleaser.
Glazed Sugar Cookies Recipe
Here’s a little fresh-baked secret from Cheryl’s kitchen—a scoop of sour cream is the key to moist glazed sugar cookies!
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp 2% milk, or whole, plus additional for thinning if necessary
- Cream sugar, butter, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients until dough forms.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to ¼" thickness; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned and let cool.
- To make the icing, combine sifted powdered sugar, corn syrup and milk with whisk until smooth (consistency should be smooth and easy to use but not runny). Apply to cookie with flat knife or offset spatula; if too thick, add milk in ½ tsp increments. Sprinkle with edible glitter.
Sugar cookie cut-outs are a great activity to do with the kids!
Calories: 152kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 81mg, Potassium: 29mg, Fiber: 0.4g, Sugar: 14g