Popcorn Peanut Brittle Crunch
Anyone else like a little candy in between handfuls of popcorn at the movies? Well, we decided to combine ours for a salty and sweet, all-in-one treat! This recipe for popcorn peanut brittle crunch is easy and fun to make.
We love this recipe because it’s super versatile. You can use any flavor of popcorn and any variety of nut your heart desires. We’re dying to try kettle corn and almonds!
Popcorn Peanut Brittle Crunch Recipe
- Grease rimmed baking pan and set aside.
- Butter sides of medium sized saucepan then combine sugar, corn syrup, water and butter; cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins boiling. Clip on candy thermometer and reduce heat to medium low. Continue moderate boil, stirring occasionally until thermometer reaches 275 degrees (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in nuts and continue to cook, stirring frequently until thermometer reaches 300 degrees (about 10–15 minutes more). Remove from heat and remove thermometer; quickly sprinkle baking soda over mixture stirring constantly, then pour onto prepared baking pan.
- Using 2 forks, lift and pull candy as it cools, spreading evenly. Sprinkle popcorn over surface, pressing down lightly. Grind salt on top, if desired.
- Cool completely before breaking into pieces