Oh, the infinite possibilities! Our garlic Parmesan grilled steak fries can be dished up for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This delectable treat is welcome with fried or scrambled eggs, alongside a grilled cheese sandwich or paired with any of your barbecue favorites. You really don’t need a reason—this dish has a personality all its own.
Our taters are boiled until tender then grilled to perfection and topped with Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Even if you’re not sitting down to a meal, our steak fries also make a fine snack or appetizer come happy hour.
Experiment with any of your favorite seasonings. We loved taste-testing the garlic and Parmesan on our grilled steak fries, but you can always add a little cayenne pepper or paprika to turn up the heat. Or, try a variety of cheese toppings like feta, Asiago or Pecorino Romano—just don’t forget the ketchup!
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Steak Fries Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- cooking spray
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
let's do it
- Place potatoes in a large pot then cover with at least 2" of cold water. Add salt then bring water to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 40–45 minutes until tender but still firm. The potatoes must be cooked through, but still firm enough to hold their shape.
- Drain water and allow potatoes to cool until they can be handled. Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then continue cutting lengthwise into 1"-thick wedges.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high or an indoor grill to high heat. Spray potato wedges generously with cooking spray then season all sides with garlic salt and grill until golden brown marks appear and potatoes are heated through—about 2 to 3 minutes per side on outdoor grill and about 8 minutes per side on indoor grill.
- Transfer to a serving platter then sprinkle with pepper and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.