Raspberry Cake Mix Bars
Swoon. Our raspberry cake mix bars redefine dessert. Slay the competition at the bake sale or neighborhood potluck. There’s no denying this simple dessert will wind up as the talk of the party.
We’ve created a dessert bar that tastes like cake. Dense and creamy, full of flavor and the crust—oh my, the crust. You can use any flavor of fruit preserves your heart desires, and alternately, you can use chocolate, crushed cookies or your favorite candies instead of preserves.
It only takes a quick fifteen minutes to prepare our raspberry cake mix bars so you finally have a great-tasting dessert to take to the party and a little extra free time for you!
Raspberry Cake Mix Bars Recipe
Show the other bake sale moms who’s boss with our six-ingredient recipe for raspberry cake mix bars!
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then line the bottom of a 9" x 13" cake pan with parchment paper. Coat cake pan with cooking spray then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry cake mix, egg and melted butter then mix using a fork until mixture forms a crumbly dough. Press dough into an even layer in prepared cake pan then bake 10–12 minutes until lightly brown on edges.
- While crust bakes, beat cream cheese together with sugar until smooth then add eggs and beat until smooth. Place fruit preserves in a microwave-safe bowl then heat just long enough to warm the jam so that it is pourable.
- Remove crust from oven then use a flat-bottomed cup like a measuring cup to lightly press crust into an even layer so the filling will spread evenly on top. Don’t compress the crust, just remove any air bubbles or high areas to even it out.
- Pour cream cheese mix onto baked crust then drizzle fruit preserves evenly over cream cheese layer. Use a butter knife to drag the jam through the filling to distribute.
- Bake 18–20 minutes or until top layer is firm. Remove from oven and cool completely then slice and serve.
Don’t limit the flavor to raspberry. Any flavor fruit preserve will taste amazing!
Calories: 282kcal, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 63mg, Sodium: 202mg, Potassium: 132mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 33g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!