Need a side dish or appetizer in a snap? These roasted Parmesan mushrooms are fast and the prep is super easy. They’re ready in just four simple steps!
Mushrooms are one of the most delicious veggies for roasting in the oven. They produce the tastiest juices. Match that with some high-quality Parmesan and you’ve got one amazing treat.
For this recipe, you’ll want to pick out firm, unblemished mushrooms that are still closed on the underside because they’ll trap in all of that salty and savory juice. You’ll get the absolute best flavor!
Roasted Parmesan Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, medium-sized, or button mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place a rack in center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Brush or wipe mushrooms and then slice off stems even with the bottom of cap.
- Place mushrooms into a 13" x 9" baking dish with the stems facing up. Group mushrooms as closely together as possible in a single layer.
- Drizzle melted butter and sprinkle garlic salt and Parmesan evenly over mushrooms. Bake 20–22 minutes or until Parmesan is melted and edges begin to get slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and season to taste with a little additional garlic salt, if necessary. Serve mushrooms nice and hot as a side dish or appetizer.
You can make this dish any time—mushrooms are available year-round!