Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
The best part of carving a pumpkin is the yummy seeds! This simple recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds makes a tasty snack or salad topper.
Of course, if you are a pumpkin seed purist, simple salt will do. But we’ve experimented with all kinds of seasonings such as chili powder, garlic powder, curry and seasoned salt. One of our favorite combinations for this pumpkin seed recipe is sea salt and dried rosemary—yum!
They’re great to snack on alone, and they taste fabulous on salad, sandwich wraps or tossed in fresh steamed vegetables!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, raw, from about 2–3 large pumpkins
- 4 cups water, plus 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- salt, additional if necessary
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees then coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove seeds from cavity of the pumpkins then remove as much of the fibrous strands from the seeds as possible. Place seeds along with salted water into a large saucepan then bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let pumpkin seeds simmer for about 10 minutes, drain water then pat seeds dry with a paper towel or lint-free kitchen towel. Place seeds in a small mixing bowl, drizzle with oil of your choice then sprinkle with a little bit of desired salt and spices.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on prepared baking sheet then bake for about 40–45 minutes, stirring frequently until the seeds are lightly browned and dry.