Asian-Flavored Roasted Chicken
Everyone loves a yummy chicken recipe, but coming up with fresh ideas to serve the bird can get boring. Spice up the dinner table with this Asian-flavored roasted chicken recipe!
You only need 15 minutes to prepare the whole chicken then roast this baby in a variety of spices like onion powder, ground ginger, cloves and allspice. The cook time is only an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, so really you are creating a great meal to feed a crowd in no time at all!
Not sure how to cut a roasted chicken? Just watch our video. It’s so simple and just takes a little elbow grease.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Asian-Flavored Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Rinse chicken under cool water then pat dry inside and out using paper towels. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, onion powder, allspice, black pepper and cloves then stir until combined completely. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the spice mixture inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Mix remaining spices with 2 Tbsp soy sauce then brush mixture outside of chicken to coat completely. Place halved onion inside the chicken cavity then transfer bird to a gallon-sized zip-top bag, pour in remaining spice liquid then seal tightly, removing as much air as possible. Let chicken marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Remove chicken from bag then place on a rack inside a roasting pan or casserole dish. Let chicken sit at room temperature for 1 hour to dry the skin and let the chicken warm up a bit; 15 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spritz chicken with cooking spray then place in oven to roast until the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer—or when the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced—usually 1 hour–1 hour, 15 minutes. While the chicken roasts, stir together honey and soy sauce for the glaze in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from oven then brush with the glaze mixture and return to oven for 5 more minutes. Remove chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving Enjoy!