Sausage Gravy and Biscuits Video
Nothing says comfort food like sausage gravy and biscuits! Not only is this recipe delicious, it is also inexpensive. It only takes 30 minutes to make when you use canned biscuits—and it will feed six to eight people!
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits Recipe
Delicious sausage gravy and biscuits are easy to make and take less than 30 minutes with store-bought biscuits! Or make your own.
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, bulk, hot or mild (I like it hot!)
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pepper, to taste
- 1 can buttermilk biscuits
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking about 4–5 minutes, breaking up the sausage until no more pink appears.
- Transfer the cooked sausage to a plate with a slotted spoon. You should have approximately 2–3 Tbsp of fat. If the sausage was too lean, then add oil and let it heat to a shimmer.
- Sprinkle the flour over the fat and whisk for 1 minute. Pour in the milk and add salt; continue to whisk. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil, add paprika and simmer for 2 more minutes. The mixture will thicken.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the sausage back into the gravy and rewarm. Taste for seasoning, add fresh cracked pepper and serve over your favorite biscuits. So, so good! Yum!
If you have the time, make homemade buttermilk biscuits for this recipe!
Calories: 629kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 31g, Fat: 39g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 111mg, Sodium: 1802mg, Potassium: 658mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!