Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Video
Freshly made biscuits have long been a staple at the dining room table. We’ve got the one recipe you’ll want to keep in the family for generations to come! Our easy buttermilk biscuits take only a few minutes to mix and less than 15 minutes to bake. They’re so delicious you’ll want to make an extra batch!
We love using buttermilk to make our biscuits special. Most people mistakenly think it contains butter because of its name. In reality, it contains no butter at all! The fat has actually been removed to make butter. Buttermilk is lower in fat than regular milk and easier to digest. It’s slightly thicker and more sour than milk, adding a wonderful texture and flavor to our buttermilk biscuits.
These biscuits are equally delicious with or without jam.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add flour mixture and cubed butter to food processor; pulse until the butter is crumb size (or use a pastry blender).
- Return to mixing bowl and form a well in middle of flour mixture then pour in buttermilk. Stir with spoon until mixture is just combined.
- Place biscuit dough onto lightly floured surface and gently press dough out until 3/4" thick. Cut out biscuits using 3" biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!