Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes
This savory pork roast with spiced sweet potatoes is a perfect holiday meal or even a weeknight meal! This dish is lean, seasoned with a perfect fall pumpkin pie spice and best of all—it’s ready in only 30–45 minutes!
The spiced sweet potatoes are the perfect complement to the pork, which is decidedly savory. If you have actual pumpkin spice on hand, you can swap it out with the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. Just don’t forget the salt and sugar to complete the flavoring!
The meat and potatoes will cook together so both components are done at the same time. While this dish is a tasty weeknight meal, it is classy enough (and easy enough) to serve company. Enjoy!
Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 Tbsp orange juice, apple juice or water
- Place rack in the center of the oven then preheat to 425 degrees. Coat a large casserole dish or roasting pan with cooking spray then set aside.
- Rinse pork roast under cool water then blot dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat and sinew (including silver skin) from tenderloin then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano and pepper then sprinkle spice mixture evenly over pork roast. Place seasoned pork on center of the prepared baking sheet. Let pork sit at room temperature while you prepare potatoes.
- Peel sweet potatoes then cut into 1" cubes. Don’t worry if they are slightly smaller, but don’t make them too much bigger—you’ll want them to cook in the same amount of time as the tenderloin.
- Place cubed sweet potato pieces into a large bowl then add remaining ingredients. Toss sweet potatoes in sugar and spice mixture until the spices are completely mixed and the potatoes are well-coated. Pour potatoes along with all the liquid from the bowl around the pork roast then arrange into an even layer.
- Bake uncovered 35–45 minutes until the pork is cooked to the desired doneness and potatoes are nice and tender. Remove from oven and allow the pork roast to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice pork, transfer to a platter then arrange the potatoes all around it. Drizzle the entire dish with liquid from the pan then serve immediately. Enjoy!