This updated no mayo coleslaw recipe is a much lighter take on the classic summer side dish. We’ve served it with an apple cider vinaigrette for something fresh and healthy. It’s the perfect side dish for your next cookout!
We love that all the veggies can be prepared ahead of time and then tossed with the dressing right before guests arrive.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
No Mayo Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin or diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin or diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar, (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Combine cabbage, onion, peppers, carrots and parsley in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing in a jar and shake to blend.
- Toss with slaw cover and chill.
- This coleslaw is great served with anything grilled!
Save even more time and buy pre-shredded cabbage and grated carrots.
Recipe by Monica Ford. | Photography by Viker Media.