You’ll never again buy premade cocktail sauce once you try our homemade recipe for spicy cocktail sauce. Made from 5 easy-to-find ingredients, you and your family will happily snack on shrimp (or whip up some trusty old Bloody Mary mix) using this simple recipe.
Have you ever been to a restaurant where the server whipped up a signature cocktail sauce tableside? The kids typically ooh and ahh as they watch the creamy horseradish disappear into the ketchup—but now they can ooh and ahh at you!
In addition to shrimp and Bloody Marys (yee-haw!) cocktail sauce also pairs well with salmon, oysters, clams, crab, kielbasa, meatloaf, omelets and eggrolls—the list goes on! How do you use your cocktail sauce? Join the conversation on Twitter using #Everyday_Dishes.
Spicy Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- 12 oz bottle chili sauce
- 1/4 cup horseradish, prepared, not horseradish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve with gently poached shrimp and lemon wedges for an amazing shrimp cocktail.
Use half of the lemon to juice for the cocktail sauce, and cut the other half into wedges for squeezing on the shrimp!