What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Everyone has a go-to chocolate chip brown butter cookies recipe, but ours is truly unique! This recipe is prepared using delicious and nutritious einkorn flour, so the resulting flavor is nutty and sweet.
We reduced the amount of chocolate chips from the traditional fare; however, you can easily add up to a half a cup more if you dig those little chocolate chunks.
Bake the cookies one pan at a time and rotate the pans halfway through the baking time. This technique will allow for even baking for the perfect flavor in every bite!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn chocolate chip brown butter cookies recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose einkorn flour, 10.125 oz
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 11 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- kosher salt, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt until thoroughly combined. Set aside. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- Melt the butter in a small sauté pan. Continue to cook until butter is brown and smells toasty. It will make bubbling noises until all the water has evaporated. Transfer to a heatproof bowl, scraping all the dark brown bits into the bowl (this contains the added flavor you just created). Refrigerate until butter is 80 degrees or less.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the browned butter, both sugars, vanilla, egg and egg yolk for 2 minutes. Add the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Add the semisweet chocolate chips, mix until combined and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Be sure to only use cool baking sheets. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 9–10 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown. Remove from oven and pull parchment paper onto a cooling rack. While still warm, sprinkle with kosher salt if desired.
If you don’t have einkorn flour handy, try our recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies using traditional all-purpose flour!