This sriracha deviled eggs recipe is a new take on an old favorite. We love deviled eggs around here, especially when they have some kick!
Our recipe calls for a pickled carrot topping. You can find them jarred in your local supermarket where they keep the artichoke hearts. Or you can make your own tangy pickled vegetables!
Want to go the extra mile with this delicious appetizer? Whip up our delicious homemade sriracha sauce! But make sure you plan ahead because this sauce needs to sit for a week for full sriracha flavor.
Sriracha Deviled Eggs Recipe
what you'll need
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- pickled carrots
- sesame seeds
let's do it
- Place the eggs into a large pot and add enough water to cover the eggs by at least 1". Set the pot over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
- When the water reaches a full rolling boil (not just a few bubbles rising to the surface), set a timer for 2 minutes—you’ll know when it reaches a full boil because you will be able to hear the bubbles popping and the eggs clattering on the bottom of the pot.
- After the pot has been at a full boil for 2 minutes, remove it from the heat and set it on a cool part of the stove. Reset the timer for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, carefully drain the hot water from the pan then cover the eggs with cold water. Allow the eggs to sit in the cold water until they are cool enough to peel then crack the shells and peel them away.
- Rinse the peeled eggs under cold water to remove any remaining particles of shell then set aside.
- Cut each hard-boiled egg in half lengthwise and remove the yolks to a small bowl. Reserve the egg whites while you prepare the filling.
- Once all of the yolks have been removed, place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and press the yolks through the sieve with the back of a spoon. This will give you a silky smooth filling for the deviled eggs. Be sure to scrape any remaining yolks from the back of the sieve once you have pressed them all through.
- Add the mayonnaise, butter, mustard, sriracha, lime juice and garlic powder to the yolks then stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper and spoon or pipe the filling into the reserved egg white halves.
- Garnish eggs with pickled carrot and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds then watch them disappear. Enjoy!