Super Easy Sloppy Joes
When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing better to satisfy kids and adults alike than sloppy joes. This super easy sloppy joes recipe is really easy, takes about 25 minutes from start to finish and can definitely be made ahead.
Extra lean ground beef has only a small amount of fat, so you can tilt the skillet and drain the grease into the sink, using a lid to hold the meat-veggie mixture in place. Another choice is to use a colander that has small holes. Either way, run some hot water down the drain for a few minutes to prevent any blockage.
Serve these on hamburger buns, place in a slow cooker to keep warm or store in the fridge for later use. Make a large batch and you’re ready for a crowd. Buy mini buns and make fun sloppy sliders!
We love this versatile favorite and think you will, too.
Super Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pkg hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat then add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Stir constantly, breaking beef into small pieces with spoon. Cook beef until completely browned and no pink remains. Drain fat completely then return to heat.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Allow mixture to come to a boil then immediately reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 8−10 minutes until mixture has thickened to desired consistency.
- Spoon sloppy joe mixture onto warm buns and enjoy!