Most everyone has some sort of recipe for banana nut muffins but if you want to make extraordinary muffins with lots of crunch and flavor, this is the recipe for you! With your favorite granola baked inside, these muffins are guaranteed to taste great.
You can save some prep time by mixing the dry ingredients ahead of time. When you’re ready to bake, just add the wet ingredients and you’ll have sweet, yummy muffins in no time.
When making recipes that call for mashed bananas, be sure to do it lightly with a fork to get the job done. Turn it into a purée and you’ll most likely end up with soggy muffins that deserve no rave reviews!
Ensure you’ll get the full flavor and texture of bananas with every bite by adding a single, chopped banana to those that are mashed. It’ll be your little secret.
Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 bananas ripe, mashed
- 1 banana ripe, chopped
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup pecans chopped
let's do it
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with 24 paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl then mix in lightly beaten eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter just until combined.
- Fold in mashed bananas, chopped bananas, granola and pecans.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling each one about ¾ full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out just about clean.