Vegetarian burgers are so boring, but not any more! Our vegetarian sweet potato black bean burger is flavorful and delicious. Great tasting and healthfully prepared, this is a veggie burger you’ll want to serve for every meal.
This black bean burger is so versatile. Bake ‘em and eat ‘em plain, or give it the works with a grilled bun, fresh lettuce, tomato and avocado slices. And don’t forget a generous sprinkle of feta or goat cheese! Swap the bun with a lettuce wrap to reduce carbs.
Cook these burgers in advance and freeze for a delicious meal any time. These babies pack so much flavor that you’ll want to skip the sauce!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a parchment lined baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash baked sweet potatoes. You will need about 4 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Add black beans and seasonings and stir to combine then mix in egg whites and breadcrumbs.
- Scoop generous amount of mix and form 8-10 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Pan-sear both sides of each patty and transfer to parchment-lined pan, work in batches.
- Bake in oven 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Assemble burger with arugula, sliced avocado, sliced tomato, cheese and bun.