Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger Video
Vegetarian burgers are so boring, but not any more! Our vegetarian sweet potato black bean burger is flavorful and delicious. Great tasting and healthfully prepared, this is a veggie burger you’ll want to serve for every meal.
This black bean burger is so versatile. Bake ‘em and eat ‘em plain, or give it the works with a grilled bun, fresh lettuce, tomato and avocado slices. And don’t forget a generous sprinkle of feta or goat cheese! Swap the bun with a lettuce wrap to reduce carbs.
Cook these burgers in advance and freeze for a delicious meal any time. These babies pack so much flavor that you’ll want to skip the sauce!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger Recipe
Vegetarian burgers can be so boring, but not anymore! Our vegetarian sweet potato black bean burger recipe is flavorful and delicious.
Yield: 8 -12 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, roasted
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder, or chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp zest of lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups panko or homemade breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a parchment lined baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash baked sweet potatoes. You will need about 4 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Add black beans and seasonings and stir to combine then mix in egg whites and breadcrumbs.
- Scoop generous amount of mix and form 8-10 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Pan-sear both sides of each patty and transfer to parchment-lined pan, work in batches.
- Bake in oven 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Assemble burger with arugula, sliced avocado, sliced tomato, cheese and bun.
Next time you're at the store pick up a package of mini buns and serve these as an appetizer!
Calories: 189kcal, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0.3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 613mg, Potassium: 384mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!