This is not your mama’s onion dip! Skip the powdered mix and tub of sour cream and create a homemade onion dip for your next party or gathering instead. It’s just 15 minutes of active prep time; the oven does the rest!
Vidalia onions are usually in season late spring through early fall so keep an eye out for them at your local supermarket. We don’t recommend using the typical brown or yellow onion you can find year-round for this recipe because they tend to be too pungent.
We’re all about shortcuts so if you haven’t sharpened your professional knife skills yet, don’t fret! Just throw your onions in the food processor and give it a few pulses until they’re finely diced. Boom—drop the mic!
Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip Recipe
what you'll need
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese grated
- 2 cups Vidalia onion 1 large or 2 medium, finely diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 1-qt casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir mayo, Monterey Jack cheese, Asiago cheese, finely diced Vidalia onion, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and bake for 45-50 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven then cool 10 minutes before serving.
One Last Thing