Thai Chicken Tacos
Add an Asian touch to your next batch of tacos with this flavorful Thai chicken tacos recipe. Marinate diced chicken in a sweet, spicy sauce then cover with slaw and a peanut butter based dressing.
You’ll need to marinate the chicken for at least an hour or better yet, do it overnight. Let it soak up a tangy sauce filled with onion, garlic, red chili and sugar, ready for cooking the next day.
Make an easy slaw of purple cabbage, cilantro and chopped peanuts for a colorful topping to spread on the filling. Whisk together a creamy dressing of peanut butter and other ingredients typically found in Asian dressings, and you’ll have tacos bursting with flavor.
Thai Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Trim and dice the chicken breasts into ½" cubes then place in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the minced onion, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, chili flakes and sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, combine the shredded cabbage, carrot, green onions, cilantro and peanuts. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Refrigerate the vegetables and the dressing until the tacos are ready to serve.
- After the chicken has marinated for at least 1 hour, take it out of the fridge and remove the plastic wrap.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for approximately 10 minutes until it’s cooked all the way through. While the chicken is cooking, warm the tortillas.
- Remove the components for the Asian slaw and combine the dressing with the vegetables, tossing lightly to combine.
- Assemble the tacos by filling the tortillas with a bit of the chicken filling followed by a generous topping of the Asian slaw. Get ready for a new family favorite and enjoy!