Who doesn’t love chicken salad? What makes this Whole 30 Chicken Salad recipe extra delicious is the avocado mayo at the heart of the recipe. Not only is it Whole 30 compliant, but it’s also a great way to incorporate some healthy fat into your diet. We love this one from Primal Kitchen. Whether or not you’re doing the Whole 30 program, we think you’ll really enjoy this easy and quick lunch recipe!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
What is Whole 30?
Whole 30 is a diet type that focuses on eliminating common foods for a 30 day period and then slowly reintroducing these to see how your body reacts.
“The Whole30 has been changing lives since 2009, when co-founder Melissa Hartwig Urban blogged about a 30-day dietary experiment that transformed her health, habits, and emotional relationship with food.
Since then, millions of people have changed their lives with the Whole30 program; eliminating cravings, improving energy and sleep, reporting an improvement in allergies, anxiety, chronic pain, digestive issues, skin conditions; and losing weight healthfully and sustainably.”
There are some simple Do’s and Don’ts for the Whole 30. Check them out here!
And, if you want to learn more about how the Whole 30 program was created and why certain foods are eliminated, check out the book “It Starts With Food”. Grab your copy here!
Whole 30 Chicken Salad Recipe Tips
- If you don’t have Greek seasoning in your pantry, you can make your own from spices you probably already have on hand. Check out this easy spice blend recipe.
- You can also switch up the flavor by changing the seasoning or adding an additional sauce. Try curry, buffalo sauce, or fresh dill.
Whole 30 Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 cups chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 handful red grapes
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- Chop up the celery and grapes into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the avocado mayo, lemon juice, and Greek seasoning.
- Mix in the grapes, celery, and chicken.
Make a large batch and have lunches for the entire week. You can serve this with cucumber slices, eat it on its own, or if you're not doing Whole 30, enjoy with some crackers.