What grandma doesn’t love bragging about her grandkids? Once you make her this DIY photo pendant, she can flash it to all her friends in an instant. It’s an easy craft and makes a great gift that’s sure to be appreciated.
An aluminum sheet can be purchased at your local craft store. Cutting it as a backing for your photo is easier than you think. It’s very thin and lightweight, and a sharp pair of scissors or die cut will get the job done in a jiffy.
If you don’t want to head to the store use a round key tag or cut up an empty can of pop instead. Just be careful—that metal can be sharp!
Although this craft is super easy, there is some drying time involved when it comes to applying the dimensional Mod Podge and industrial-strength glue. It’s definitely worth the wait. The result is a gift that will be cherished and last for years.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
DIY photo pendant instructions
DIY Photo Pendant Instructions
- Size your photo to fit a 1" circle then print it out. Cut out the photo with scissors or punch out using a 1" circle die cut.
- Using a pen or marker, trace your circle cutout onto the aluminum sheet then cut it out using a sharp pair of scissors. Sand edges until smooth with an ordinary nail file.
- Next, adhere the photo to the center of the aluminum cutout using a spray adhesive. Then squeeze enough glue over the top to cover it then allow it to dry overnight.
- Once dry, center a pendant hanger clasp on the top portion of the back of the cutout, dab industrial-strength glue on it and press to adhere. Allow it to dry at least 5 hours.
- Feed the chain through the hanger clasp and you’re ready to show off your photo!