Hammered metal ornaments add a homemade touch to Christmas. Use them to decorate your tree, gifts or even add to a gifted bottle of wine!
Our template has a modern take on the usual tree, ball or star ornament—lots of loops and curves. Jewelry pliers make it very easy to bend silver plated wire into the desired shapes.
Tapping a hammer lightly on the metal gives it that textured, rustic look. Just remember that it’s best to use a concrete surface such as a garage floor or sidewalk when swinging your hammer.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Hammered metal ornaments instructions
hammered metal ornaments instructions
- Download the hammered metal ornaments template and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print out the template and choose which ornament you’d like to make.
- Cut a 12" strip of wire, using scissors. Place one end of the wire on the template where it says ‘start.’ Follow the template as a guide to bend the wire. Use jewelry pliers to help make curves and loops—just a small slight bend will work. Once the ornament has been completed, snip off any excess wire.
- Place the finished ornament on a hard surface (one that can take a bit of a beating) and lightly tap over the top. Don’t flatten it too much or it could become fragile and break!
- Once flattened, attach an ornament hook and you're done!