Bring a natural element to your Thanksgiving table with easy-to-make printable leaf place cards. Type names on a colorful leaf printable or simply write them by hand then cut out and glue to twigs.
Small wood slices purchased from your local craft store provide a base in which to place the twigs. You can use corks but they’re not quite as sturdy.
Making a hole in the wood isn’t difficult. Place a Phillips screwdriver—not a flat one—in the center then tap it with a hammer to get the hole started. With a little pressure and a few twists, that sharp point will have the hole ready in no time.
Twigs can be delicate so use a light touch when assembling these unique place cards.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Thanksgiving leaf place cards instructions
Thanksgiving Leaf Place Cards Instructions
- leaf place card printable
- card stock
- wood slices
- Phillips screwdriver
- hot glue gun
- Download the leaf place card printable (blank or colored) and open in Adobe Reader.
- Type guests’ names onto printable then print, cut out and set aside. You can also simply write the names on by hand.
- Make a hole in the center of the wood slice by using a hammer to drive a Phillips screwdriver into it. Apply pressure as you twist, making the hole deep enough so the twig will be able to stand on its own.
- Dab hot glue inside the hole, insert the end of the twig and press to adhere. Decide where you want your leaf to go, add a dab of hot glue onto the branch then adhere the leaf. That’s it!