If carbs made us skinny, we’d wither away to nothing. This fabulous cabbage lasagna recipe is a protein packed adventure minus all the guilt.
Brown ground beef in a medium size saucepan over medium high heat. While your meat is cooking, combine tomato sauce, anaheim pepper, garlic, onion and egg white in food processor and mix for 15-20 seconds. When your meat is done cooking, add it to the tomato sauce with salt and pepper and combine for a few seconds. In a separate bowl mix your cheeses together and get ready to cook your cabbage.
Cut your cabbage in half and boil until soft for about 15 minutes. Drain cabbage, chop into large pieces and place in a large bowl lined with paper towels. You will want to roll up the cabbage in paper towels and squeeze it dry to reduce as much of the liquid as you can.
To assemble your lasagna, double layer cabbage, meat sauce and cheese in greased lasagna pan.
Top with a little more cheese, pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes and you’re ready to chow down!
- 2 medium sized cabbages
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Anaheim pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 8 oz freshly grated Gouda cheese
- 8 oz freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut cabbage heads in half and boil for 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain water and sauté cabbage for 2-3 minutes to remove excess water. Let cool and wrap cabbage leaves in dishtowel, squeezing out remaining water.
- Brown beef in skillet until thoroughly cooked then drain excess grease.
- Combine tomato sauce, Anaheim pepper, garlic, onion and egg white in food processor and mix for 15-20 seconds. Add cooked beef and salt and pepper. Mix an additional 15-20 seconds.
- In separate bowl mix cheeses together.
- To assemble, double layer cabbage, meat sauce and cheese in greased lasagna pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown