Think making bread is an all day affair? Don’t be intimidated—a stand mixer and dough hook make our lemon rosemary crispy flatbread oven-ready in only 15 minutes!
This side dish is a great alternative to rolls or biscuits and would be perfect alongside a cup or bowl of your favorite soup.
We love the lemon and rosemary combination but you can experiment with your favorite flavors, such as sea salt and cracked black pepper or cilantro and lime!
Lemon Rosemary Crispy Flatbread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup flour, unbleached bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast, instant
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water, room temperature
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stripped from stems
- sea salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- Add flour, salt, yeast and sugar to bowl of stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment. Mix briefly until dry ingredients are combined.
- Add oil and water to bowl and mix on low speed until all ingredients are combined and dough begins to form.
- Ensure all ingredients are mixed together well (scrape sides and bottom of bowl if necessary) and knead dough on medium speed for 10 minutes.
- While mixer is running, spray separate medium-sized mixing bowl with cooking spray. Remove dough from mixer after 10 minutes and place in oiled bowl. Roll dough in oil to coat completely.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in warm area until dough has doubled in size (approximately 90 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from bowl then place on smooth nonporous surface that has been misted with cooking spray. Roll dough with rolling pin until it is nearly paper thin—if dough shrinks back after you have rolled it, cover with plastic wrap and allow dough to rest on counter for 5 minutes before proceeding with rolling.
- Carefully lift dough onto parchment lined baking sheet and brush top with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with rosemary and sea salt.
- Bake 12−16 minutes, rotating halfway through baking. Remove bread from oven—it will be slightly pliable. Zest lemon over bread, let cool to become crisp.
- Break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Bread making is so much easier when you use a stand mixer and dough hook!