Gluten-Free Christmas Crack
We know what you’re thinking – what on earth is Christmas crack?! Trust us, it’s better than what you’re probably thinking. Christmas crack is a type of toffee/chocolate bark made with homemade toffee, melted chocolate, and typically saltine crackers. YUM! This perfect balance of sweet and salty brings together all the flavors you want for the holiday season.
We took this classic sugar-filled dessert and made a gluten-free version with clean, minimal ingredients. (You can thank us later.) Coconut sugar and grass-fed butter make the base for the “toffee” sauce, mixed with gluten-free (and paleo-approved) crackers, and topped with dairy-free melted chocolate. It’s a treat that you’ll LOVE but won’t feel guilty about afterward. Talk about a win-win!
The combination of sweet and salty in this recipe is incredibly addicting. You’ll understand immediately why we say this recipe is a Christmas MUST! Let your friends and family try a bite and they’ll be asking for it year after year.
Christmas Crack Recipe Tips
- Try adding your favorite nuts to the chocolate for an extra crunch.
- Feel free to omit the sea salt if you want a less salty version of this Christmas crack.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 2 months.
Christmas Crack Recipe
- 9 x 13 pan
- Sauce pan
- Microwave safe bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the coconut sugar and stir constantly. It will separate, but continue whisking until it combines and forms a dark caramel sauce.
- Pour the crackers into a large bowl. Pour the caramel sauce on top and stir until the crackers are coated in the sauce.
- Spread the crackers evenly into the 9x13 baking dish and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring between until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the crackers and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt over the top of the melted chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill.
- Once chilled, remove from the parchment paper from the pan and use a knife to break the Christmas crack into pieces and enjoy!