Back-to-school countdown calendar
Summer is coming to an end and the new school year is right around the corner. Encourage your kids to embrace the start of school with a clever back-to-school countdown calendar.
Our Everyday Dishes & DIY printable back-to-school calendar makes it an easy DIY project that is sure to get the kids excited about heading back to school.
Choose craft paper, wire, burlap ribbon, small clothespins and numbered treat bags to complement your kid’s room. Place a variety of homemade coupons, such as shopping for a new back-to-school outfit, into treat bags as incentives to head back to school.
It’s easy and fun to construct and will stop that end-of-summer boredom syndrome for sure!
- [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/back-to-school-countdown-calendar-cherylstyle-printable.pdf” target=”_blank”]Everyday Dishes & DIY back-to-school countdown calendar printable[/url]
- 2″ wire burlap/jute ribbon
- colored or patterned craft paper
- hot glue gun and glue
- scalloped or regular scissors
- hole punch
- burlap ribbon
- vinyl numbers (found at craft or hardware store)
- small paper treat bags
- small clothespins
- kraft tags for coupons (to fit into treat bags)
- back-to-school treats (to fit into treat bags)
- [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/showcase/how-to-cut-burlap-instructions-craft/” target=”_blank”]Cut wire burlap[/url]/jute ribbon to desired length for hanging on bedroom door or wall.
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY back-to-school countdown printable and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank”]Adobe Reader.[/url]
- Trim and glue to craft paper.
- Layer several pieces of colored or patterned craft paper and trim for a great effect
- glue back-to-school countdown sign to top of wire burlap/jute ribbon.
- Punch holes near top corners of sign and thread ribbon, securing with knots at both ends.
- Put vinyl numbers on paper treat bags (numbers should start two weeks prior to your kid’s first day of school).
- Hang treat bags with small clothes pins from burlap ribbon.
- fill treat bags with homemade coupons and/or back-to-school treats
- Homemade coupons could include a sleepover with friends, a pizza party, a swim party, shopping for new backpack and school supplies, shopping for back-to-school clothes and shoes or getting a back-to-school haircut.
- Hang countdown calendar on your child’s bedroom door or wall.