DIY game day trivets
If you go all out when it comes to supporting your favorite team, you’ll definitely want to make DIY team trivets to add to your collection of game day gear.
Cork is totally safe for hot casseroles, pots and pans and the artwork won’t get ruined from the heat or any spills. It’s not hard to find your college or pro team’s logo online to recreate on the cork. We suggest using a Varsity type font for straight rather than curved edges on the letters—it’ll be much easier to use a metal ruler as a guide to trace them.
You’ll need a woodburner pen for this project. Once you have this nifty tool, you’ll find that it is great for all sorts of craft projects!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- card stock or letter stencils
- X-acto knife
- metal ruler
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PNHWFC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001PNHWFC&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Cork Trivets”]cork trivets[/url]
- fine point permanent marker
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VRVKMO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000VRVKMO&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=SC566TE6MZW2MHLC” target=”_blank” title=”Woodburner Tool”]woodburner tool[/url]
- Download your team’s logo, size to fit your trivet then print on card stock (or just use letter stencils if you’re spelling out a team’s name).
- Cut out artwork using an X-acto knife and metal ruler. Then tape the stencil to the trivet and trace using your permanent marker.
- Remove artwork from the trivet then go trace over the logo using the woodburner tool. Don’t try to burn one long straight line—it’s better to work in small sections by pressing down, lifting the tool then pressing down again against the line until you’ve drawn the entire line. To get a thicker line, draw 2 lines and burn along the inside of each line then touch up any areas within the lines that have not yet been burned.
- Once you are satisfied with your artwork, it’s game on!