You don’t have to spend a ton of time outside this winter to feel the effects on your skin. The cold air has probably taken its toll and left you with dry, rough skin.
There’s no need to spend a fortune at the spa when your kitchen has all the ingredients for a soothing facial. Our DIY winter face scrub is an easy, inexpensive way to get your skin back on the road to recovery.
You’ll discover that oatmeal’s not just for breakfast—ground oats act as a natural cleanser for all types of skin. Place a few tablespoons in a blender and pulse a few times—just enough to leave it slightly chunky.
Next, combine the oats in a bowl with those overripe bananas you were about to throw out—you’ll find them extremely easy to mash. Add the light feel of almond oil and the thick texture honey to lock in moisture and promote the healing of any skin irritations.
Grab the orange juice out of the fridge—it acts as a gentle exfoliate and helps shrink pores. Add it to the mixture, along with the final ingredient of mineral salt, which removes dead skin. If you don’t have any mineral salt, substitute a coarse salt such as kosher salt.
Get ready to relax with your homemade facial! Massage a few tablespoons on your face, allow it to sit for a minute or two then rinse off with warm water. Pat skin dry with a towel and see the glowing results!
This DIY face scrub can be stored in airtight containers for up to two weeks. Our Everyday Dishes printable makes it simple to print labels with expiration dates.
Whether giving it as a gift or keeping it for you, our facial scrub will help fight the winter elements.
DIY face scrub instructions
DIY Face Scrub Instructions
- 3 Tbsp oats
- ⅓ cup banana, mashed
- 1½ Tbsp pure almond oil
- 3 tsp honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- ¾ cup mineral salt
- 2 – 4 oz jars (optional)
- Avery Easy Peel Permanent Print-To-The-Edge Round Labels, 2” Glossy White (22807)
- Put oats in blender.
- Pulse oats a few times (not too much), leaving some chunks of oats.
- Combine oats, banana, almond oil, honey, orange juice and mineral salt in medium bowl.
- Massage 2 Tbsp of scrub on face.
- Keep scrub on 1 minute.
- Rinse scrub off with warm water.
- Pat skin dry with towel.
- Put remaining scrub in airtight container. Does not need refrigeration.
- Put face scrub in 2 – 4 oz jars.
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY DIY face scrub label printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print on Avery label paper.
- Place label on bottom of jars and write in expiration date (2 weeks from date it was made).