Admit it—you have an undying love for your dog. Who else gives you unconditional love and never talks back to you? We get it! Really. Between the nine of us on the Everyday Dishes & DIY team, we have 14 dogs and they definitely deserve a craft project dedicated to them! So, Audrey made personalized Shrinky Dink dog tags!
She designed a Everyday Dishes & DIY Shrinky Dinks dog tags printable that allows you to type in your pup’s name and print it out on Shrinky Dinks paper. Then you will pop it in the oven for just a few minutes, watch it curl, shrink, then flatten out to create a distinctive tag in a great looking pattern.
Add a jump ring and a lobster claw clasp for additional security and you’re done! It really doesn’t get much easier than this and it’s way more fun than standing in line at PetSmart.
If you are feeling really crafty, try pairing up your tags with our matching braided dog collars made out of paracord. We have to confess, it wasn’t nearly as easy but it sure turned out well!
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/Shrinky-Dinks-Inkjet-Printers-Refill/dp/B004OQSN7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410722919&sr=8-1&keywords=shrinky+dink+ink+jet+pack” target=”_blank”]Shrinky Dinks Ink Jet pack[/url]
- [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/shrinky-dink-dog-tags-cherylstyle-cheryl-najafi-template.pdf” target=”_blank”]Everyday Dishes & DIY Shrinky Dinks dog tags printable[/url]
- inkjet printer
- hole punch
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- needle nose pliers
- jump rings
- clasp lobster claw
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY Shrinky Dinks dog tags printable and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Type in each pet’s name and print on Shrinky Dinks Ink Jet pack. Then cut out and punch hole at the top of each tag.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cutouts on parchment lined baking sheet (colored side up) and bake 3-5 minutes until cutouts lay flat. Remove from oven then let cool 15 seconds.
- Twist jump ring open with needle nose pliers and insert into first hole then attach clasp. Pinch jump ring closed using pliers and clip onto collar.