When you really don’t have time to fix an elaborate appetizer for guests, just whip up this creamy cucumber dip. It’s simple and easy to prepare in no time flat. Just chill and serve with crackers or veggies when your company arrives.
This recipe calls for English cucumbers because they have a thin skin that can be eaten more readily than those of other varieties. They also have fewer seeds and they’re smaller.
If you don’t have any of these long, skinny guys you can always use another variety but make sure to wash it well in warm water to remove the wax coating. And don’t forget to remove the seeds!
This dip is awesome as it is, or you can jazz it up by adding fresh herbs such as dill or basil.
What would you add to make this dip your own? Tell us on your favorite social media using #EverydayDishes!
Step this dip recipe up a notch by serving it in a homemade bread bowl!
Cucumber Dip Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 English cucumber grated
- 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 green onions sliced paper-thin
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice more if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
let's do it
- Wash the cucumber in warm water and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove any seeds. Grate the cucumber, including the peel, then place it into a strainer and squeeze out as much juice as possible to prevent the dip from becoming too thin.
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and mix until it’s smooth—there shouldn’t be any lumps.
- Add the grated cucumber, green onions and lemon juice, stir until well combined then season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl and serve with your favorite crackers or veggies. Enjoy!