Encourage your kids to keep their money safely in one place by making a wipes container piggy bank. Whether you get jumbo containers from a big box, giant or regular-sized ones from your local grocery, they can be repurposed and easily turned into cute piggy banks in minutes.
Printables of mustached pigs—the latest craze—are provided to accommodate either size can. The larger one requires legal sized paper, so keep that in mind when doing this craft. A few pieces of double-sided tape are all you need to hold them in place.
Boys can appreciate a masculine-looking pig while girls will love the addition of eyelashes and a bow for that essential necessity. A pipe cleaner tail, curled to perfection, completes the back of the bank.
Give the kids a head start on their savings and see how much fun they have watching their stash grow.
- round wipes container, small or jumbo size
- Everyday Dishes & DIY piggybank [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/diy-wipes-container-piggy-bank-girls-small-cherylstyle.pdf” title=”DIY wipes container piggy bank – small girls”]small printable[/url] or [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/diy-wipes-container-piggy-bank-girls-large-cherylstyle.pdf” title=”DIY wipes container piggy bank large girls”]large printable[/url] for girls OR Everyday Dishes & DIY piggybank [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/diy-wipes-container-piggy-bank-boys-small-cherylstyle.pdf” title=”DIY wipes container small boys”]small printable[/url] or [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/diy-wipes-container-piggy-bank-boys-large-cherylstyle.pdf” title=”DIY wipes container large boys”]large printable[/url] for boys
- 8½” x 14″ sheet legal size paper (if using jumbo container)
- X-acto knife
- double-sided tape
- 1 pink pipe cleaner
- hot glue gun
- Remove the existing label from a round wipes container by soaking it in warm water or spraying it with Goo Gone.
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY piggybank printable for girls OR Everyday Dishes & DIY piggybank printable for boys that’s appropriate for the size of your container then open in [url href=”http://www.get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print on regular paper if you’ve chosen the smaller label, or print on legal sized paper if you need the larger label for a jumbo-sized container. Cut out the printable, using an X-acto knife and ruler as guide.
- Position and center the label on the can, attach a small piece of double-sided tape to the back then wrap the label around the container to test its position—make sure the pink circle lines up correctly.
- When satisfied with the placement, adhere double-sided tape along one end of the label, wrap the label around the container and press firmly on the seam to secure.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half, using scissors. Curl it around a pencil then hot glue it to the center of the pink circle on the back of the container.
- Stash your cash and start saving!