Wire Photo Holder
Make an inexpensive wire photo holder using our printable, scrap wood, a drill and floral wire. This easy photo display will make a great gift for Mother’s Day or any occasion.
We wanted to give this message of ‘LOVE’ a weathered look, so we gently sanded the edges to blend the message together with the wood stand. If you choose to go for a more contemporary look, use high gloss paint in a color that accents your décor.
Not only is this craft a money-saver, it’s one that can be moved from room to room! No chance of getting bored with that same arrangement of photos on a wall—you can change the photos in a snap!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Wire photo holder instructions
DIY Wire Photo Holder
- wire photo holder ‘LOVE’ printable
- wood board, cut 7″ x 1 ½” x 2 ½”
- drill and 1/16″ drill bit
- white paint
- foam brush
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IKES5O/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001IKES5O&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=S2X7LLSJSC7SEQGT” target=”_blank” title=”Decoupage glue”]decoupage glue[/url]
- coarse sandpaper
- wood stain, medium to light in color
- paper towels
- 20-gauge floral wire
- thick marker or glue stick
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/printable-wire-picture-holder-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Wire picture holder LOVE printable”]wire photo holder ‘LOVE’ printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print, cut out where indicated and set aside.
- Stand the board upright. Use the small bit to drill as many holes along the top as desired.
- Paint wood white with a paintbrush, then allow it to dry.
- Using a foam brush, apply a coat of decoupage glue onto the back of the cutout then paste it on the front of the board. Allow it to dry then apply a coat on top of the cutout and allow it to dry.
- Gently sand BOTH the edges of the board and the cutout to blend together.
- Use a paper towel to apply wood stain onto the board. Wipe off excess with a clean towel then allow it to dry.
- Cut floral wire a minimum of 6″ long in various lengths. Wrap the top of each wire twice around a thick marker or glue stick. Trim any excess wire then place firmly into the holes drilled into the board. Attach one photo to each wire holder and display.
Wrap floral wire around a cylindrical shape that’s at least 1″ thick—a thick marker or glue stick will do the trick.