DIY dog leash holder
Keep everything handy with a personalized dog leash holder! A piece of wood, a wipes container and a couple of hooks make it stylish yet inexpensive.
Besides having everything at your fingertips, you get to choose how you want it to look! Use leftover fabric scraps to match your décor or bring on the charm with a fun doggie print.
When it comes to our pups, we love anything that’s personalized. Adhesive letters are perfect, as they come in a variety of fonts and colors.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Dog leash holder instructions
- Stain wood then allow it to dry. Once dry, attach saw tooth hangers to the back of the board.
- Open the wipes container and carefully cut off the inside flaps and discard them.
- Wrap fabric around the container to determine the correct size. Then cut to fit and adhere to container using Mod Podge and a foam brush. Let dry completely.
- Turn wipes container upside down so that the open end is pointing down. Then add hot glue to the back of the wipes container, adhering it to the front of the wooden board. Once it is firmly in place, drill a small hole inside the container at the opening and into the wood. Screw into place.
- Determine placement of hooks and drill holes then screw coat hooks onto the wood.
- Using adhesive letters, spell your dog’s name on any wooden shape—we used a bone—and screw into place above the coat hooks.
- Fill the container with plastic grocery bags, grab a leash and hang by the door.