Double Chocolate Truffles
You don’t have to unload your life savings at a fancy chocolatier to enjoy gourmet-quality truffles at home. Simply follow our easy instructions for double chocolate truffles with chocolate liqueur!
Despite their lavish reputation, truffles could not be easier to make. The active prep time is only 10 minutes and you can control how sweet to make the truffles, what kind of liquor to spike them with and even your favorite topping.
Before you shop for supplies, take note that all chocolate is not created equal. Select a high-quality chocolate that contains large amounts of cocoa butter and cocoa solids. You don’t need to pick the most expensive brand at the store, just check the ingredients on the label prior to purchase.
Double Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 12 oz chocolate, bittersweet or semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 Tbsp chocolate flavored liqueur
- chocolate jimmies
- Finely chop or grate chocolate and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream in the microwave until boiling then immediately pour hot cream over chocolate and let sit 30 seconds. Add butter and honey and stir slowly with whisk. Continue stirring until cream is fully incorporated and chocolate and butter have melted. If not completely melted, return to microwave, heating for 10 second intervals until completely melted.
- Add liqueur and stir until completely smooth again. Pour mixture into shallow baking dish and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1-2 hours. Remove from refrigerator and allow to warm to room temperature slightly.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls then roll in chocolate jimmies. Chill until set, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve truffles at room temperature. Enjoy!