Map necklace pendant
You’ve probably seen them—those adorable pendant necklaces of individual state maps. They seem to be the latest craze in jewelry! If you want one but don’t want to spend the cash, we can show you how to make your own! This map necklace rivals one you’d buy and costs a bunch less.
We’ve even taken out the hassle of searching online to find and size a map of your favorite state with a printable for you! All you have to do is cut out the state you want, adhere it to a thin metal sheet from your local craft store and throw a coat of three dimensional glue on to create a professional looking charm. Add a clasp and chain and your friends will be asking where you bought it. Wait ‘til they find out how easy it was for you to make!
- west coast map necklace printable,
- east coast map necklace printable, OR
- Canada map necklace template
- aluminum sheet (.032″ x 4″ x 10″)
- spray adhesive
- three dimensional glue
- pendant hanger clasp
- industrial-strength glue
- Download the map pendant printable.
- Print out the map of the states on regular paper then select and cut out the state of your choice.
- Adhere the cutout to the corner of the aluminum sheet using a spray adhesive. Next, carefully cut the metal sheet along the edge using scissors.
- Pour the three dimensional glue over the top and allow it to dry overnight.
- Once dry, center a pendant hanger clasp on the top portion of the back of the cutout, and attach using industrial-strength glue. Allow it to dry up to 5 hours.
- When secure, attach the chain and your necklace is ready to wear!
- NOTE: If you’re from Michigan…you know there’s an ‘upper’ and ‘lower’ peninsula so cut out both pieces and follow directions to hang on a jump ring with the ‘upper’ (smaller piece) in front of the larger one.