DIY Infinity Scarf
Our easy and inexpensive DIY infinity scarf is a great craft for fashionistas on a budget! If you have basic working knowledge of a sewing machine, you’ll have a great-looking scarf in no time at all!
These scarves are relevant year round—it may be warm outside but that won’t save you from arctic temperatures in the office or movie theater! All you need is one yard of soft, knit fabric—you can take bargain shopping to the next level and peruse the sale rack at the local fabric store.
Simply select the fabric pattern you desire, make a cut, tear and sew—finito! Even if you’re a beginner sewer, this will be a cracker jack craft for you to complete. With zigzag stitching and soft material that easily hides mistakes, you can enjoy the creation process without fret or fuss.
DIY infinity scarf instructions
- 1 yard knit or poly-cotton blend fabric
- fabric scissors
- sewing machine
- Flatten out 1 yard of fabric onto a flat surface. Cut or rip the fabric, along the bias, in half lengthwise. Tearing the fabric on the bias will not damage the fabric and will ensure a straight line.
- Next, layer the 2 identical pieces of fabric on top of one another, with the finished side of the fabric facing inward.
- Sew the ends together, one at a time, using the zigzag stitch on your sewing machine. Trim excess fabric on the seam if necessary then reverse infinity scarf so the finished side of the fabric faces out. The stitches will only be visible on the reverse side of the fabric.
- To wear, wrap scarf around your neck several times to achieve desired look.