Shoe Makeover – Ballet Flats
A shoe makeover is an easy way to give worn-out shoes a second chance. Save money and give yourself a trendy look at the same time!
We had a pair of ballet flats but you could use canvas shoes as well. Just be sure to apply a coat of acrylic sealant first to ensure your favorite paint colors will adhere.
This DIY is a great opportunity to show off your creativity. Attach embellishments you already have to make a fashion statement. Keep it simple or go fancy—it’s strictly up to you.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Shoe makeover instructions
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y6WM1Q/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004Y6WM1Q&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=M6M55MAE7DKT7JPL” target=”_blank” title=”Frog tape”]tape for delicate surfaces[/url]
- scrap paper
- spray paint for metal, wood, and plastic
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003W0BZHC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003W0BZHC&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=WIS7M2HAZQPGLI6L” target=”_blank” title=”Acrylic Sealant Matte Finish”]acrylic sealant with matte finish[/url]
- lace trim
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BPHQWU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004BPHQWU&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=QSVPWLS75C5HL6VL” target=”_blank” title=”E6000″]industrial-strength glue[/url]
- Dust off an old pair of shoes with a rag then use tape and scrap paper to protect those areas on the shoes you don’t wish to paint.
- Spray a coat of the desired color of paint over the tips of the shoes then allow it to dry. Apply a second coat.
- Once dry, apply the sealant then carefully remove the tape and paper.
- When the sealant has dried, measure and cut lace trim to act as a border for the painted areas on each shoe. Use industrial-strength glue to adhere and you’re set to go!