Spring Stenciled Votives
What better way to announce the arrival of spring than by displaying a group of stenciled votives that literally spells the word ‘spring’?! Self-adhesive letters, spray paint and sealant will have them ready for candles or flowers to kick off the season.
Votive candleholders come in a variety of sizes and shapes—we used standard-sized candleholders to accommodate letters that were 2 inches tall. If you choose a different-sized votive, simply adjust the size of the letters accordingly.
One word of caution: be careful when removing the letters—you want the lines to remain crisp and don’t want to scratch up the paint! Using the edge of an X-acto knife will help get you get started.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make stenciled votives
- 6 standard-sized [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RJAU0Y/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000RJAU0Y&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=E6AWCBJFD6TR4QAU” target=”_blank” title=”Votive Candleholders”]votive candleholders[/url], washed and dried
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006ICKF/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00006ICKF&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=BMJW3M6HKCMGKPL3″ target=”_blank” title=”2″ Adhesive Letters”]2″ self-adhesive letters[/url]
- all-in-one spray paint with primer
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KRSWM6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005KRSWM6&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=X5Z6ZNVUWO3NYWMX” target=”_blank” title=”Precision knife”]precision knife[/url] (optional)
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003W0A19U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003W0A19U&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=LDRKF2MRWOUUG7FH” target=”_blank” title=”Spray Sealant”]spray sealant[/url]
- votive candles or flowers
- Protect your work surface with newspaper.
- Adhere one self-adhesive letter to each candleholder to spell ‘spring.’
- Flip candleholders upside down and spray evenly with a coat of all-in-one paint with primer. Allow them to sit for 15 minutes then carefully peel off the letters using a precision knife.
- Spray sealant as the topcoat then allow it to dry several hours before handling.
- Fill with votive candles or flowers and display.