Skillet Steak Bites
Everyone will love these super-simple steak bites—even the kiddos, who will get a kick out of the bite-sized pieces. They’re full of flavor but done in just minutes. Serve them with mashed potatoes or cauli-mash and roast veggies for a complete meal.
A good pan sauce is essential to any stovetop meat dish because it boosts flavor. So, don’t skimp on the quality red wine. If you don’t want to drink it, you don’t want to cook with it.
Pan sauce also makes doing dishes a cinch because there won’t be any burnt leftovers on your skillet. We’re all about the easy cleanup!
If your pan does get a little scorched, don’t worry. Just boil one cup each water and vinegar with two tablespoons of baking soda on the stove and it’ll come off much easier.
Skillet Steak Bites Recipe
- Cut beef into ¾” cubes and trim away any excess fat or gristle. Season steak cubes lightly with salt and pepper. Remember, the sauce will also contain the salt from Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat a large heavy-bottom skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat and allow it to become very hot. Add 1 Tbsp butter and swirl the pan to melt butter and coat the bottom of pan. Immediately scatter half of seasoned steak cubes evenly across the bottom of pan and allow it to cook, undisturbed, for about 1 minute before stirring to cook on other sides.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 2–3 minutes or until browned on most sides then transfer to a plate. If you prefer your meat well done, just leave it in the pan a bit longer until cooked through. Add second batch of meat and cook in same manner, adding a bit more butter if necessary.
- Once all meat has been removed from skillet, return skillet to heat and add red wine and Worcestershire sauce. Allow liquid to bubble and reduce until only about 1 Tbsp remains. Remove from heat and add remaining ½ tsp butter and swirl or stir quickly to melt and emulsify butter into sauce, which will thicken slightly and make it nice and glossy.
- Return cooked meat and any accumulated juices back into skillet. Stir to coat steak bites in pan sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!