Almond White Chocolate Hot Cocoa
Class up your hot chocolate routine, especially if you’re hosting company or celebrating a special occasion—our almond white chocolate hot cocoa recipe will blow your mind! We pulled out all the stops to create a tasty, satisfying non-alcoholic beverage to warm you up from the inside out.
Unsweetened almond milk and finely shaved white chocolate are combined in a saucepan, then gently whisked together until it whispers ‘come and get me.’ Then we added a dash of almond extract (or vanilla) for a sneaky, smooth pop of yummy flavor and a pinch of salt—oh my!
Because you’re not fully dressed until you’ve accessorized, we added a dollop of whipped cream (dairy or dairy-free) and toasted almonds for serving (slurp).
Almond White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 4 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 8 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp almond extract, or vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream, or dairy-free whipped topping
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Pour almond milk into a large saucepan then place over medium heat. Allow almond milk to become steaming hot, but not quite simmering then add finely chopped white chocolate. Whisk until chocolate is melted and completely combined.
- Allow mixture to heat, whisking occasionally until it becomes steaming hot once again. Remove from heat and add extract and salt. Stir to combine. Divide hot cocoa mixture among 4 mugs then top with a generous dollop (about ¼ cup) of sweetened whipped cream and toasted almonds.