Bacon may be the star of this bacon wrapped asparagus bloody mary recipe, however you must not overlook the importance of the other ingredients in “the world’s most complex cocktail”. There isn’t much complexity in “the world’s most complex cocktail”, but deciding what to add to the mixture is!
We’ve done the heavy lifting for you. Ingredients like tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt and fresh cracked pepper make up this hair of the dog beverage. It’s whipping up the perfectly blanched asparagus and expertly crisp, but not burnt, bacon that make this drink outstanding.
Asparagus lovers are sure to appreciate the presentation of this stunning, electric green stalk. Select firm asparagus with closed tips, and smaller spear heads, which are said to be more flavorful than their bigger counterparts.
So, break out the vodka and leave the celery on the veggie tray–celebrate brunch with this bacon bloody mary recipe!
Bacon Bloody Mary recipe
- 6 asparagus spears
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3/4 tsp cracked pepper
- splash hot sauce
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz vodka
- 24 oz tomato juice
- 1 1/2 limes
- 6 tulip glasses
- Blanch asparagus and set aside.
- Cook bacon then wrap the bacon around the asparagus spears. Skewer bacon and asparagus together to keep the bacon in place.
- Fill a pitcher with ice. Add pepper, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Then add vodka and tomato juice. Squeeze in lime juice and stir 1 minute.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with bacon wrapped asparagus.
Make sure there's plenty of space between your bacon strips in the frying pan so you don't steam the bacon and make it droopy.