Fresh Ginger Martini
When it’s time to add a little ‘oomph’ to cocktail hour, whip up this fresh ginger martini recipe for your besties! It’s just slightly sweet and oh, so fresh!
If you’re hosting girl’s night, whip up the ginger syrup in advance—you can even do it the night before! Simply seal it up tight till you’re ready to break out the vodka! Each batch of syrup will make about 5–6 martinis, so make extra if you’re expecting a tribe at the watering hole!
When you’re ready to serve, just add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and serve over ice. If you’re looking to get super fancy, sugar the rim of the cocktail glass and boom! Turn up the tunes and enjoy.
Watch our video on how to peel and grate ginger!
Fresh Ginger Martini Recipe
ginger syrup (makes 5–6 martinis)
- 1 lemon zest of lemon
- 1/3 cup ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
ginger martini (makes 1 serving)
- cocktail shaker
- 1 1/2 - 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz ginger simple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- twist lemon, or lime, if desired
- sugar, to rim glass if desired
- Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan then bring to a boil. Once the ingredients start to boil, remove from heat, stirring occasionally to ensure the sugar dissolves.
- Once the liquid has cooled, strain and set aside.
- Wet cocktail glass then place in freezer.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice then add vodka, ginger syrup and lime. Give the cocktail shaker a good rattle then set aside.
- Remove cocktail glass from freezer then dip the rim in a plate of sugar, if desired.
- If you like, fill glass with fresh ice—we served ours on the rocks!
- Strain martini into the prepped cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime zest, if desired.