Mexican Coffee Cocktail
Part cocktail and part dessert, this drink recipe covers quite a few bases in one neat little package. Traditionally served tableside and lit on fire—we just want our booze and ice cream—no fire-laden baton toss necessary.
As much as we love the winter-savvy hot chocolate bar concept, where one can build their own mug of hot cocoa, the idea of building your own Mexican coffee complete with tequila resonates a little more after a long week of carting kids around to soccer practice.
Mexican Coffee Cocktail Recipe
This Mexican coffee cocktail recipe has all your favorite ingredients—liquor, coffee, ice cream and caramel syrup!
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 cup coffee, hot, strong, brewed
- 1/2 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 - 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 sprinkle cinnamon
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- hot fudge sauce
- caramel syrup
- Add 1–2 heaping scoops of vanilla ice cream to a coffee cup. Add a shot of tequila and coffee-flavored liquor then pour in coffee.
- Top with whipped cream, then garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzle with chocolate hot fudge sauce and caramel syrup. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you really want to get fancy, add chopped nuts, maraschino cherries and even flavored coffee syrup!
Calories: 464kcal, Carbohydrates: 59g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 68mg, Sodium: 187mg, Potassium: 100mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 51g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!