For the lovers of all things spicy, our fresh muddled jalapeño margarita is sure to be a hit. A splash of Cointreau in the recipe, made from the peel of sour oranges, complements the fresh pepper to create this expertly blended spicy margarita.
Spicy Margarita with Jalapeños Recipe
- 1-2 slices jalapeños, cut into ¼" and seeds removed if desired
- 6 oz tequila
- 2 oz Cointreau liqueur, or Grand Marnier
- juice of 4 limes
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp agave syrup, or honey
- lime, sliced for rim of glass
- margarita salt
- red pepper, crushed, optional
- lime, for garnish
- Add muddled jalapeño to pitcher along with tequila, cointreau, lime juice, club soda, orange juice and honey. Stir to combine. Add 2 cups of ice and stir again.
- Mix margarita salt with crushed pepper (optional) in a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of 4 margarita glasses then dip in salt mixture.
- Pour cocktail into prepared glasses filled with ice and serve immediately.
If you want a mild jalapeño influence in your margarita, wash the seeds out of the peppers before muddling.