For the lovers of all things spicy, our fresh muddled jalapeño margarita is sure to be a hit. A splash of Cointreau in the recipe, made from the peel of sour oranges, complements the fresh pepper to create this expertly blended spicy margarita.
Spicy Margarita with Jalapeños Recipe
what you'll need
- 1-2 slices jalapeños cut into ¼" and seeds removed if desired
- 6 oz tequila
- 2 oz Cointreau liqueur or Grand Marnier
- juice of 4 limes
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp agave syrup or honey
- lime sliced for rim of glass
- margarita salt
- red pepper crushed, optional
- lime for garnish
let's do it
- Add muddled jalapeño to pitcher along with tequila, cointreau, lime juice, club soda, orange juice and honey. Stir to combine. Add 2 cups of ice and stir again.
- Mix margarita salt with crushed pepper (optional) in a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of 4 margarita glasses then dip in salt mixture.
- Pour cocktail into prepared glasses filled with ice and serve immediately.
One Last Thing