Chewy Einkorn Chocolate Brownies
When it comes to brownies, we all have our preferences—thick and fudgy, cake-like or somewhere in between. These chewy einkorn chocolate brownies beg to be savored no matter what your personal taste is.
It takes only 15 minutes to whip this batter together. If the flavor of semisweet chocolate and cocoa called for in the recipe isn’t enough for you, stir extra chips into the batter just before baking to experience a chocolate overload.
Helpful hint: To ensure these dense treats don’t stick to the pan, line it with parchment paper. They’ll be easy to remove and make cleanup a snap!
Chewy Einkorn Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" square cake pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat then add chocolate chips, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat then set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl until completely combined. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt over the top of the egg mixture then stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture then stir until completely incorporated. Fold in walnuts, if desired.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and let rest 30 minutes in the refrigerator to allow the einkorn to fully hydrate. Bake 23–25 minutes until firm in the center. Cool on a wire rack, slice and serve. Enjoy!