This classic margherita einkorn pizza recipe will make your friends think you’ve been hiding a coal or wood-burning oven in your home! By using just a little more oil than standard pizza crust, you’ll have dough that’s easier to work with and that turns out perfectly every time.
Crispy on the outside and chewy in the center, this pizza’s light smoky flavor makes it downright perfect. Remember to prep all of your toppings beforehand so you can add them at a moment’s notice.
As you make these pizzas, there will be cornmeal left on the pizza stone. To prevent burning, carefully brush the cornmeal onto a plate as you remove each pizza to prevent a smoky haze in your kitchen.
Classic Margherita Einkorn Pizza Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 einkorn pizza dough recipe
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 6 Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- dried oregano
- fresh basil leaves 6-8 per slice
let's do it
- Remove the pizza dough balls from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
- Place a pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out a ball of dough to approximately 12” round. Use your fingertips and make dimples all over the dough to help it stay crispy while it bakes. Transfer the dough to a cookie sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Jiggle the sheet to make sure the dough is loose on the sheet. Add more cornmeal if necessary.
- Cover the dough to within ½” of the edge with 1/3 cup of pizza sauce. Space one sliced Roma tomato evenly over the sauce. Place a slice of mozzarella between two sheets of paper towel and press down to squeeze out any excess moisture. Continue with slices of cheese until covered. Leave enough cheese to make 5 more pizzas.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and give the sheet one more jiggle to make sure it is still loose. Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone in the oven and bake 7-8 minutes. Then slide the cookie sheet back under the pizza to remove from the oven. Transfer to a cutting board, place 6-8 basil leaves on top, slice and enjoy.
- Repeat with the remaining pizzas. Enjoy!
One Last Thing